Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm in Humidity Hell!

Seriously, why is Chicago always so humid? It makes training very hard! It has been very hard to train with all the rain storms and hot hot hot humid weather. They say its always cooler by the lake... well that's a lie when the humidity is 80 percent it sure is not! Its very hard to stay positive when you are melting into a puddle on the lake front. Has anyone ever tried those cooling necklaces? I am thinking of investing in one... or maybe just jumping in the lake!

Well this week was hard for me. I have been training for about 4 weeks now and I've sort of hit a wall. With the marathon still being very far away and the summer only getting hotter, my air conditioned apartment and pool right next door are looking way better than my running shoes! But today my body woke me up at 5:55 AM and said, "You need to move, girl!" And I did! I went out and ran 10 miles before 8:00 AM! I was so glad I did because by 8:00 AM it was HOT! I even have a nice farmers tan to go along with my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment